There are many rewarding ways in which you can fundraise for Epilepsy Queensland (during March for Purple Day or anytime of the year), from simple activities to larger events. This also includes encouraging others to assist you – the more the merrier!
Our Community Fundraising Guidelines have been designed to assist you with planning your fundraising activities, plus helping to increase awareness and understanding of epilepsy and the important role Epilepsy Queensland plays in the community.
There are regulations and guidelines which must be observed to ensure that all fundraising events and activities meet with both Epilepsy Queensland's and State Government's legal requirements. We ask you, please download and read the Guidelines for Fundraising, complete the Application Form, and submit it to our Fundraising Team for approval, before commencing.
Some of the fun ways you can fundraise for us include:
- Host an event – from morning teas, free/purple dress days, sausage sizzles to movie/games nights, gala dinners, bowls/golf days, fashion parades and everything in between! Visit our purple recipe page for some great ideas.
- Organise a stand at your local shopping centre to sell our merchandise and/or raffle tickets
- Challenge yourself and/or others to shave/dye your hair, do a five kilometre walk or run or participate in a Challenge Event e.g. Bridge to Brisbane; Gold Coast Marathon and nominate us
- Cook up a storm and sell purple cupcakes/lamingtons
- Ask your friends and family to make a donation in lieu of a birthday/anniversary party/gift, Christmas cards, etc.
- Create your own online fundraising page– Inspire your friends, family and colleagues to support your fundraising endeavours for Epilepsy Queensland by creating your own on-line Fundraising Page - It's easy!
Register and host your Purple Day fundraising event or activity during March to go in the draw for lots of great prizes.
We encourage you to discuss your proposed fundraising event and/or activity with a member of our experienced and helpful Fundraising team.
To submit an enquiry about fundraising for Epilepsy Queensland, please complete the following