Personal information collected by Epilepsy Queensland is protected by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the 'Privacy Act'). Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you and includes sensitive health information.
Epilepsy Queensland follows the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act in handling personal information from clients/beneficiaries, business partners, donors, members of the public and Epilepsy Queensland people (including members, volunteers, employees, delegates, candidates for volunteer work and prospective employees).
The primary purpose for collecting personal information from you is to provide services to people with epilepsy, including planning, funding, monitoring and evaluating our services and associated marketing and fundraising activities.
The kind of personal information we collect will depend on your relationship with Epilepsy Queensland (eg as a client, donor, business partner, employee, volunteer or member or on line user of the Epilepsy Queensland website).
We usually collect personal information directly from you. However, we sometimes collect personal information from a third party such as your carer, authorised representative or from a publicly available source, but only if:
- You have consented to such collection or would reasonably expect us to collect your personal information in this way, or
- if it is necessary for a specific purpose.
We only collect personal information for purposes that are reasonably necessary for one or more of our functions or activities.
Your personal information may be used to:
- provide you with a service
- provide you with educational information on epilepsy care and awareness
- report to government or other funding bodies how the funding is used
- process your donation or purchase and provide receipts
- communicate with you about how your donation is used or about Epilepsy Queensland services, causes, events, services, which we believe may be of interest to you
- respond to your feedback or complaints
- answer your queries.
It may also be used for:
- any other purpose for which it was requested and which was advised to you
- directly related purposes.
Please be assured that wherever possible Epilepsy Queensland uses information in a de-identified form. Personal information will not be disclosed to third parties without your permission, except where permitted or required under the Privacy Act.
We take steps to protect all personal, sensitive and health information and government related identifiers held by Epilepsy Queensland against misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
You can access the personal information that we hold about you and you can ask us to correct the personal information we hold about you.
If you are listed on one or more of our email or contact lists you can opt out at any time. You can unsubscribe by using the ‘unsubscribe’ options noted in our emails.
How to contact us
For further information contact us on (07) 3435 5000 or 1300 852 853, or email email@example.com or alternatively you can write to us at Epilepsy Queensland Inc, PO Box 1457 Coorparoo BC, Qld 4151.