Quality Management System and Certification
Quality management system
Epilepsy Queensland has a Quality Management System (QMS) which is Certified to have met the requirements of the Human Services Quality Standards. This Quality Management System includes a robust framework of policies, procedures and processes to support Epilepsy Queensland activities, mechanisms for regular internal auditing of those policies, procedures and processes and for regular activities reporting, complaints and incident management processes, a Continuous Quality Improvement Plan, external Maintenance Audits of our QMS and three-yearly Recertification Audit.
Epilepsy Queensland also operates under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) Practice Standards. In meeting the requirements of the Human Services Quality Standards and the NDIS Practice Standards our QMS enables us to achieve and maintain a high level of quality, flexibility and relevant service delivery to service users.
Quality management objectives
Epilepsy Queensland’s Quality Management objectives are to:
· Use the Quality Management System as a tool in achieving best practice outcomes across the organisation
· To ensure continuous improvement and maximise client service outcomes with the services provided by Epilepsy Queensland
· Comply with the relevant Commonwealth and State Legislative, Regulatory and Statutory requirements
· To ensure Epilepsy Queensland nurtures a culture of Continuous Quality Improvement to enhance the organisation’s overall performance and achieve organisational goals.
· To provide staff and stakeholders with an efficient improvement process that is user friendly, responsive and provides the opportunity to make changes.
Human services quality standards
Under the Human Services Quality Framework and relevant Service Agreements, nominated non-government organisations funded by certain Queensland Government departments are required to apply six quality standards.
The purpose of these standards is to ensure that people accessing and using services provided by these organisations receive a service which respects their rights and individual needs, while promoting quality improvement and transparency for funded organisations.
The Standards cover :
· Governance and Management;
· Service Access;
· Responding to individual need;
· Safety, Wellbeing and Rights;
· Feedback, Complaints and Appeals;
· Human Resources.
NDIS practice standards
The NDIS Practice Standards specify the quality standards to be met by registered NDIS providers to provide supports and services to NDIS participants.
The NDIS core module includes: Rights of Participants and Responsibilities of Providers; Human Resource Management; Incident Management; Complaints Management; Risk Management; Worker Screening, Worker Code of Conduct and Worker Orientation
Our external auditor
Epilepsy Queensland is certified by HDAA Australia Pty.Ltd. (our external auditor). This organisation is Accredited by the Joint Accreditation System of Australia and New Zealand (JAS-ANZ), the International Society for Quality in health care (ISQua) and the Department of Health (DoH) to provide assessment services in the Health and Human Services sector.