Fundraising and Corporate Partnerships Manager
- Brisbane based
- Permanent, full time
- Make a meaningful difference
As the only Queensland based epilepsy service provider, we are a not for profit organisation committed to optimising life for people with epilepsy of all ages and their families. From our office at Woolloongabba, Epilepsy Queensland provides highly regarded state-wide information, support, counselling, referral, advocacy, education, community awareness and training services to provide better outcomes now and beyond. 2019 will be a landmark year as we celebrate our 50th anniversary.
About the role:
The Fundraising & Corporate Partnerships Manager will be responsible for the acquisition, development and retention of strategic corporate partnerships; as well as driving the expansion of the fundraising capabilities of Epilepsy Queensland.
Corporate Partnerships is a new focus for our organisation. The role involves strategically targeting and acquiring new corporate partners while also growing and maintaining the existing portfolio. You will develop and lead the corporate partnership and fundraising strategy, which includes the expansion of the fundraising portfolio to drive the acquisition, retention and upgrade of donors.
Reporting to the CEO and managing two fundraising staff, you’ll be responsible for:
- Managing and growing fundraising revenue through a diverse income portfolio including regular giving, individual donors, wills and bequests, major gifts, community fundraising, grants and corporate partnerships
- Leading the development and implementation of a new corporate partnership strategy that results in financial success
- Nurturing and growing existing partnerships
- Developing and meeting fundraising budget
Please refer to the full Position Description before applying.
Our successful candidate will bring the following:
- A relevant tertiary degree and/or 10 years + experience in fundraising and/or corporate partnerships
- A proven track record in identifying prospective corporate partners together with the ability to write and present proposals, negotiate successful outcomes that generate income and then nurture ongoing relationships
- Demonstrated success in the acquisition, retention and upgrade of donors including management of the donor journey
- Demonstrated experience in engaging community fundraisers to gain financial and in-kind support
- A proven ability to effectively lead and motivate a team to meet agreed performance targets and creates a positive culture where people want to do their best
- Demonstrated experience in the planning and executing of events
- High level written and verbal communication skills with well-developed influencing and negotiation skills
- Experience with donor and/or customer relations management databases and systems
- Ability to be self-motivated, responsive and flexible in an environment with time pressures and multiple priorities
- Knowledge, or the ability to acquire knowledge, of epilepsy
- Commitment to and understanding of not-for-profit sector
Before commencing with Epilepsy Queensland you will be required to undertake a National Criminal History check and hold or be willing to obtain a positive notice from Disability Services (Yellow card) and Working with Children Check (Blue card).
Epilepsy Queensland has 9.5 (FTE) positions in our supportive, committed and values driven team. We offer salary packaging and are a family friendly organisation.
Please read the Position Description and send a cover letter addressing the selection criteria with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
No deadline, please apply as soon as possible. We look forward to receiving your application, so don’t delay.
No recruiters please.
All inquiries will be handled with the strictest confidence. Epilepsy Queensland is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are interested in a volunteer position, internship or student placement please visit our volunteer page or contact us on 07 3435 5000.