The Family Support Program aims to support and empower families caring for a child less than 18 years, with uncontrolled epilepsy, or epilepsy, and another disability. The program is funded by Disability Services Queensland and it offers specialised information and support services for families.
The Family Support Program provides:
- Information about epilepsy, epilepsy-related resources and newsletters.
- Liaison with and referral to support services including medical, education, respite, medical aids and equipment.
- Emotional support and counselling either over the phone or face to face.
- Support for families working through learning and behavioural issues.
- Home visits may be arranged depending on family needs and location.
- Parent information workshops and seminars.
- Advocacy and lobbying for children with epilepsy and their families to ensure that they have access to the range of services required.
- Support with hospital epilepsy clinic visits.
- Liaison with schools to provide information, training about epilepsy and support to staff and students.
A Family Support Program staff member will work with you to identify your needs/priorities and develop a pathway around the assistance you would like to receive.
Please CLICK HERE to download the fact sheet.