Challenge events are a great way to challenge yourself and make a direct contribution to support Queenslanders living with epilepsy.
You can choose any challenge to make a difference and simply ask your friends and family to join you in the cause.
Plan your event
Work out what type of fundraising activity you’d like to organise. Try to think of something fun that suits your lifestyle and will appeal to your networks. The sky’s the limit when it comes to fundraising activities!
Create your own event/challenge by hosting a morning tea, give up something you love, learn something new, get active, face a fear, be creative – the ideas are endless and the choice is yours! Consider where you are going to hold your event. If you need to make a booking, don’t leave it until the last minute and don’t be afraid to ask for prizes, services and venues to be donated.
Join a challenge activity with events right across Queensland for all ages, skills and fitness levels. Get serious or have some fun in a crazy costume, wear purple or don your best retro exercise gear.
Help us reduce the stigma of living with epilepsy by sharing your own story, or create your challenge in honour of a family member or friend with epilepsy.
You‘ll be surprised at how generous people can be when it’s for a good cause!
Register your challenge
Register your challenge with Epilepsy Queensland to receive guidance and ideas from your dedicated fundraising coach.
You can seek advice on:
- recruiting family and friends to join you with your challenge (you’ll be amazed at what you can achieve together!)
- creating a Facebook event page,
- getting the word out via email, on social media, and in-person,
- creating your very own online fundraising page with Everyday Hero,
- applying for and navigating permits, insurance, policies, laws and regulations,
- approaching local businesses, media, MPs and Councillors for support,
- Epilepsy Queensland’s guidelines for logo use, budget, and representatives,
- making the most out of your challenge event to boost your fundraising,
- thanking your donors and supporters, and much more.