NDIS is now up in most of Queensland. The following is the scheduled Queensland rollout plan:
Between July 2016 to June 2017:
· Townsville, Hinchinbrook, Burdekin, west to Mount Isa, and up to the gulf
· Mackay, Isaac and Whitsundays
· Toowoomba and west to the borders
Between July 2017 to June 2018:
· Ipswich, Lockyer, Scenic Rim and Somerset
· Rockhampton, Gladstone and west to the borders
Between July 2018 to June 2019:
· Logan and Redlands
· Cairns, Cassowary Coast, Tablelands, Croydon, Etheridge, Cape York and Torres Strait
· Brisbane suburbs north of Brisbane River
· Brisbane suburbs south of Brisbane River
· Fraser Coast, North Burnett, South Burnett and Cherbourg
· Gold Coast and Hinterland
· Moreton Bay including Strathpine and Caboolture
· Sunshine Coast, Noosa and Gympie
Whilst the rollout may still be sometime off in your region, early planning is said to be the key to getting the most out of the NDIS. So what can you do to get ready today?
Attend an NDIS Workshop
Throughout the year we will be promoting workshops held in conjunction with Spark Neurocare and other partners in areas prior to roll-out. For more information follow Epilepsy Queensland on Facebook for upcoming events. The next workshop will be for anyone living in the Ipswich region.
Check your eligibility by visiting the NDIS website:
The NDIS aims to provide participants with “reasonable” & “necessary” supports to improve day to day living & to achieve short & long term goals. For some people living with epilepsy, the NDIS may be your first time accessing formal funded support & it may be overwhelming to know where to start. So we have put together a list of things to help get you started:
ASK QUESTIONS & RESEARCH
There are heaps of resources available to help you navigate the NDIS. Whilst the NDIS website is great, the Epilepsy Queensland Facebook page also provides up to date information & dates for workshops happening across the state. If you still have questions or would like to talk specifically about developing your plan, Epilepsy Queensland staff can talk with you directly. This allows you to draw on our epilepsy specific knowledge & expertise to ensure you get the most out of your plan. Epilepsy Queensland will be a provider under NDIS and can assist with you epilepsy related needs.
The NDIS is an opportunity to be creative & think big! What are your dreams & aspirations, what barriers do you currently face that stop you from achieving these dreams?
KEEP A DIARY
Keep a diary of ideas as they come to you & examples of specific barriers that you face as they happen. This will help you to identify specific needs & help in formulating a plan to overcome.
For more information:
Ph: (07) 3435 5000 or 1300 852 853 (outside Brisbane)
Or visit the Epilepsy Queensland Facebook page