Epilepsy Queensland's mission is to bring epilepsy out of the shadows and to optimise life for people touched by epilepsy.
- To create a supportive environment for people with epilepsy and their families.
- To empower people with epilepsy and their families.
- To ensure health, welfare and other services respond appropriately to the needs of people with epilepsy and their families.
- To contribute to the scientific understanding of epilepsy through research, education and its application.
- To ensure appropriate policies for people with epilepsy are included in public policies in all sectors.
- To ensure the long-term sustainability of Epilepsy Queensland Inc.
An estimated 100,000 Queenslanders will acquire epilepsy during their lifetime. We will be here for them providing:
- Support and counselling
- Community awareness and education
- In-service training for staff of health, education and disability organisations
- Resource development