Are you an NDIS Participant living in Toowoomba, Ipswich or northern NSW? The NDIA Queensland South team have provided an important update.
To assist participants to make the most of their current NDIS plans, the NDIS in Qld South Region is currently offering:
- 6 month plan extensions to participants living in Toowoomba, Ipswich and northern NSW LGAs who are eligible for a scheduled review of their NDIS plan within the next 3 months
- The opportunity for participants who have requested unscheduled reviews to talk with a Local Area Coordinator to gain greater understanding about how to use the funds in their plans to access supports and progress towards their goals
The aim of these offers is to assist NDIS participants to understand and make better use of their plans and build their capacity to exercise choice and control over the supports and services they receive. This will also allow providers to supply services and receive payment for services they deliver for these Participants prior to their full scheduled review, which will take place in 2018.
NDIA and LAC staff are discussing this with participants. It is important that providers also understand how 6 month plan extensions will work so you can provide clarity if needed. Support coordinators may need to assist participants to contact their existing service providers. This email has been sent to our current distribution list, however providers who may not be on this list may be unaware of the plan extension offer.
• Participants may need to make changes to their current service agreements with you.
• You will need to create new service bookings from the date the plan is being extended from if the Participants wishes to continue receiving supports from you
• The attached FAQ will answer most queries
If you require additional general information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject heading “Plan extension query”.
We appreciate your assistance and your ongoing support to NDIS Participants.
The NDIA Queensland South team have provided a question and answer sheet but if you still have any questions or would like assistance contact Leonie Hogarth on email@example.com or 1300 852 853.