Epilepsy Queensland's Quality Mangement System and Certification
Epilepsy Queensland is committed to providing quality services, to monitor the effectiveness of services provided and to continuously improve service delivery. To achieve this, Epilepsy Queensland has a Quality Management System (QMS) which is Certified to have met the requirements of the Human Services Quality Standards. This Quality Management System includes a robust framework of policies, procedures and processes to support Epilepsy Queensland activities, mechanisms for regular internal auditing
of those policies, procedures and processes and for regular activities reporting, a complaints management process, a Continuous Quality Improvement Plan, external Maintenance Audits of our QMS and three-yearly Recertification Audit.
In meeting the requirements of the Human Services Quality Standards our QMS enables us to achieve and maintain a high level of quality, flexibility and relevant service delivery to service users.
Epilepsy Queensland’s Quality Management objectives are to:
- Use the Quality Management System as a tool in achieving best practice outcomes across the organisation
- To ensure continuous improvement and maximise client service outcomes with the services provided by Epilepsy Queensland
- Comply with the relevant Commonwealth and State Legislative, Regulatory and Statutory requirements
- To ensure Epilepsy Queensland nurtures a culture of Continuous Quality Improvement to enhance the organisation’s overall performance and achieve organisational goals.
- To provide staff and stakeholders with an efficient improvement process that is user friendly, responsive and provides the opportunity to make changes.
About the Human Services Quality Standards
Under the Human Services Quality Framework, nominated non-government organisations funded by the Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services are required to apply six quality standards.
The purpose of these standards is to ensure that people accessing and using services provided by these organisations receive a service which respects their rights and individual needs, while promoting quality improvement and transparency for funded organisations.
The Standards cover: Governance and Management; Service Access; Responding to individual need; Safety, Wellbeing and Rights; Feedback, Complaints and Appeals; Human Resources.
Our External Auditor
Epilepsy Queensland is certified by HDAA Australia Pty Ltd (our external auditor). This organisation is Accredited by the Joint Accreditation System of Australia and New Zealand (JAS-ANZ), the International Society for Quality in health care (ISQua) and the Department of Health (DoH) to provide assessment services in the Health and Human Services sector.