EQI and the NDIS
We believe that the decisions about your life and NDIS plan are yours to make. We are here to support you to navigate the new system, make sure you are heard and have the information you need to make informed decisions about what works best for you and your family.
EQI can assist you with the NDIS process through:
- Pre-planning support – we have a comprehensive workbook to help you with the process
- Providing a statement of current supports
- Our dedicated NDIS page on our website
I have epilepsy, not a disability – so am I eligible for the NDIS?
Many people with epilepsy do not identify as having a disability, and therefore believe they are not eligible for supports under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
You may be eligible for the NDIS if you meet the eligibility requirements available on the NDIA website. You need to evidence the impact that epilepsy has on your/your loved ones’ life.
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) exists to provide supports and services, considered to be “reasonable and necessary” to people who have a significant functional impairment and require support across various areas of their life to enhance their independence, and be active, contributing members of their community.
What supports are available?
Examples of possible support as a result of significant functional impairment:
- Assistance to enhance independence, including help around the home
- To visit and maintain contact with family and friends
- Participate in social and recreational activities
- Support to find and keep a job
- Access to therapy support or aids and equipment to keep you safe and maintain your independence
- Support across important life transition stages – e.g. going to school, finishing school and entering the workforce, moving out of home etc.
For further information about NDIS
Call Epilepsy Queensland NDIS team on 07 3435 5000 or email email@example.com