3 REASONS WHY SOCIAL MEDIA IS IMPORTANT TO EPILEPSY QUEENSLAND
- It helps us build a strong relationship with our members. Rather than just sending information to an audience (as in a newsletter like “the Flame”), conversations on social media are interactive and in real-time. Comments and questions can be addressed right away.
- Social media is a platform where all formats can be shared. Through social media - videos, pictures, news articles from around the world can all be posted. Social media also allows organisations to feature other groups affiliated with the same cause – this creates a network that better serves our members.
- Information reaches a wider audience. Through likes, comments, and shares, posts from Epilepsy Queensland can reach a wider audience – one post reached 14,272 people and counting! This means that it becomes easier to rally together, raise support and increase awareness of epilepsy.
4 ways Epilepsy Queensland engages on Social Media
- On our Facebook Page. Like the Epilepsy Queensland Inc. Facebook page and click on the follow button to make sure that you receive updates from Epilepsy Queensland.
- Follow us on Instagram and tag us if you would like to share your epilepsy story or how you go purple for epilepsy.
- Follow us on Twitter. We also engage on Twitter using the handle @epilepsyqld.
- Share an epilepsy update on LinkedIn.
1 way you can join the conversation
- Jump on in. Social media is a two way street and we value authentic and genuine participation in our online communities. When we hear what you have to say in the community we can provide better services and information to you. Our social media platforms are a safe environment where we encourage sharing of credible information and respectful conversations around issues that matter to you.